Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:36 pm PT (05:36 pm ET)
Apple adds Genius movie, TV recommendations to Apple TVApple has added its Genius recommendation system from iTunes to Apple TV, offering to suggest titles related to previous purchases.
The suggestions are available from new Genius menu options under both Movies and TV, opening listings of related content.
iTunes already provides users with related recommendations in its optional Genius Sidebar, so the change is primarily a convenience to users looking for interesting content.
Apple highlighted sales of over 4.2 million Apple TVs over the past five quarters since the company transitioned to an iOS-based device, although after noting the sales figures, Tim Cook said, "in the scheme of things, if you dollarize it, we still classify it as a hobby."
On Topic: Apple TV
- Amazon to expand Fire TV voice search to third-party apps and services
- Review follow-up: Gaming on Amazon's Fire TV and Fire Controller
- New Apple TV box with motion controls to play 'key role' for Apple this year, but 'iTV' still a pipe dream
- In pushing for Time Warner merger, Comcast cites Apple's development of new set-top box
- Review: Amazon's Fire TV makes iterative improvements in set-top streaming