Friday, February 03, 2012, 02:36 pm PT (05:36 pm ET)
Apple adds Genius movie, TV recommendations to Apple TVApple has added its Genius recommendation system from iTunes to Apple TV, offering to suggest titles related to previous purchases.
The suggestions are available from new Genius menu options under both Movies and TV, opening listings of related content.
iTunes already provides users with related recommendations in its optional Genius Sidebar, so the change is primarily a convenience to users looking for interesting content.
Apple highlighted sales of over 4.2 million Apple TVs over the past five quarters since the company transitioned to an iOS-based device, although after noting the sales figures, Tim Cook said, "in the scheme of things, if you dollarize it, we still classify it as a hobby."
On Topic: Apple TV
- 'FYI' and 'Feeln' channels get added to Apple TV lineup
- Apple Watch will likely require daily charging, Cook says
- Amazon announces $39 Fire TV Stick to compete with Google Chromecast
- HBO to begin offering standalone streaming subscriptions in 2015 - report
- Philips TVs bundled with Apple TV launch in India as part of alleged partnership [u]