Apple adds Genius movie, TV recommendations to Apple TVApple has added its Genius recommendation system from iTunes to Apple TV, offering to suggest titles related to previous purchases.
The suggestions are available from new Genius menu options under both Movies and TV, opening listings of related content.
iTunes already provides users with related recommendations in its optional Genius Sidebar, so the change is primarily a convenience to users looking for interesting content.
Apple highlighted sales of over 4.2 million Apple TVs over the past five quarters since the company transitioned to an iOS-based device, although after noting the sales figures, Tim Cook said, "in the scheme of things, if you dollarize it, we still classify it as a hobby."
On Topic: Apple TV
- Rumor: Apple could be plotting new multitouch Bluetooth remote, OS X El Capitan beta reveals
- Apple expressed interest in 4K video streaming in 2013, leaked Sony documents show
- Apple TV leaps into first place as iOS dominates online video market, Adobe reports
- Updated Apple TV hardware not coming to WWDC 2015, report says
- CBS bringing standalone, cable-free Showtime subscription to Apple TV [u]