Tuesday, June 05, 2012, 04:45 pm
Apple TV 5.0.2 software update rolls outApple on Tuesday updated its Apple TV software to version 5.0.2 for second and third generation units.
The Apple TV Software Update, released as build 9B830, brings unknown fixes to both the second and third generation set-top media streamers. Apple's support web page has yet to divulge the contents of the update, but a more detailed description should be posted in the near future.
The quick download showed no visible changes to the UI or content meaning that the update may be a fix for backend performance issues or preparation for as-yet unreleased features set to be announced at WWDC next week.
To install the new 5.0.2 version on your Apple TV, navigate to the "Update Software" menu option under Settings > General.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Microsoft unveils 'Xbox One,' a voice-controlled all-in-one entertainment hub
- Apple TV to get CW content in new streaming deal
- US Sen. McCain working on 'a la carte' cable TV bill
- Microsoft to unveil Xbox successor on May 21 as Amazon mulls set-top box
- Rumor: Apple television with 'iRing' motion controller to launch this year