New Apple AirPort Express features dual-band Wi-FiThe AirPort Express received a redesign on Monday, adding features previously only available in the AirPort Extreme, such as dual-band Wi-Fi.
Priced at $99, the new AirPort Express features a completely redesigned compact enclosure and new wireless and connectivity capabilities. Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi allows users to create a network that delivers optimal performance and range.
The AirPort Express also features an audio-out port to connect external powered speakers or an A/V receiver and use AirPlay to wirelessly stream from iTunes on a Mac or iOS device.
A USB 2.0 port also allows users to share a printer wirelessly over your network, and an additional ethernet port lets users connect to other computers and network devices.
Setup for the AirPort Express is built into OS X and iOS, and with AirPort Utility 6.0 for OS X Lion and iOS, users can access a visual map of their network for viewing and reconfiguring devices.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- Patriot unveils USB-C flash drive for Apple's MacBook
- Embracing a wireless future: What it's like to use Apple's 12" MacBook as your main computer
- Shipping times for Apple's 15" MacBook Pro with discrete GPU slip to 2-3 weeks, point to refresh
- Apple 15-inch MacBook Pro shipment estimates fluctuate, drop to 1-2 weeks ahead of WWDC
- Apple details fix for 12" MacBook Setup Assistant issues