New Apple AirPort Express features dual-band Wi-FiThe AirPort Express received a redesign on Monday, adding features previously only available in the AirPort Extreme, such as dual-band Wi-Fi.
Priced at $99, the new AirPort Express features a completely redesigned compact enclosure and new wireless and connectivity capabilities. Simultaneous dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi allows users to create a network that delivers optimal performance and range.
The AirPort Express also features an audio-out port to connect external powered speakers or an A/V receiver and use AirPlay to wirelessly stream from iTunes on a Mac or iOS device.
A USB 2.0 port also allows users to share a printer wirelessly over your network, and an additional ethernet port lets users connect to other computers and network devices.
Setup for the AirPort Express is built into OS X and iOS, and with AirPort Utility 6.0 for OS X Lion and iOS, users can access a visual map of their network for viewing and reconfiguring devices.
On Topic: Current Hardware
- First look: Apple's new MacBook Pro with Touch Bar
- See which 3rd-party apps will support Apple's new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- Apple debuts affordable 13" MacBook Pro model, axes 11" MacBook Air
- Apple brings about the end of the physical Function key with MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- Apple announces thinner MacBook Pro with Touch Bar, Touch ID, USB-C ports starting at $1799