Apple 'confirmed' to hold iPad mini event in OctoberAfter introducing its new iPhone in September, Apple will hold a separate event in October to introduce its new, smaller iPad, a new report has been able to confirm.
John Paczkowski of All Things D reported on Saturday that the event for Apple's so-called "iPad mini" will be held in October, after the anticipated Sept. 12 iPhone event. That means Apple has two "blockbuster events" lined up for product debuts this fall.
"Only after the next generation iPhone is out the door and on sale will Apple announce the smaller iPad it's been working on," Paczkowski wrote. "That device, which is expected to have a display of less than eight inches, will be uncrated at a second special event, which sources said is currently scheduled for October."
The anonymous sources who spoke with Paczkowski confirm earlier comments from both Jim Dalrymple of The Loop and John Gruber of Daring Fireball, both of which indicated this week that they expect Apple to hold two separate events for the new iPhone and iPad mini. Gruber said an event in the first or second week in October would be in line with iPod events that Apple has held for the last decade.
On Topic: iPad
- AT&T to ship LTE-enabled Modio iPad mini case on March 20
- Logitech Keys to Go Review: The ultimate portable bluetooth keyboard
- Killer Deals: Apple's 64GB iPad Air Wi-Fi + 4G LTE for $399; $400 off MacBook Pro; $319 off iMac 5K
- Apple's iPad loses ground to generic tablets in 2014, report says
- Google launches new YouTube Kids app on Apple's iOS