Apple reveals unlocked iPhone 5 prices in U.S., CanadaJust hours ahead of the scheduled opening of pre-orders for its iPhone 5, Apple updated its online store's webpage to reveal the prices of unlocked models bound for the U.S. and Canadian markets.
Source: Apple Canada
On Apple's iPhone comparison page, the company lists the prices of unlocked 16GB, 32GB and 64GB iPhone 5 models at $649, $749 and $849, respectively for the U.S. Pricing will be similar in Canada, where all iPhones are sold unlocked, at CAD $699, CAD $799, and CAD $899 for the same 16GB, 32GB and 62GB lineup, respectively.
While the prices are out, Apple has yet to announce when the unlocked units will be available for sale, however The Verge has confirmed the handsets won't be available in the U.S. on launch day. This is standard operating procedure as Apple reserves unlocked iPhones for countries where it is the only model for sale, bringing in the unsubsidized devices for the domestic market a few weeks later.
Apple will initiate iPhone 5 pre-orders on Friday at 12 a.m. PDT.
On Topic: iPhone
- Smartphone shipments topped 1.2 billion in 2014, Samsung's share plummeted in face of Apple gains
- Apple's 'Shot on iPhone 6' campaign goes global with billboards, ad spaces
- Apple supplier NXP to merge with rival Freescale Semiconductor in $11.8B deal
- Samsung responds to iPhone 6 with premium metal & glass Galaxy S6, counters Apple Pay with Samsung Pay
- Apple touts iPhone 6 as world's most popular camera in showcase of extraordinary user photos