Apple reveals unlocked iPhone 5 prices in U.S., CanadaJust hours ahead of the scheduled opening of pre-orders for its iPhone 5, Apple updated its online store's webpage to reveal the prices of unlocked models bound for the U.S. and Canadian markets.
Source: Apple Canada
On Apple's iPhone comparison page, the company lists the prices of unlocked 16GB, 32GB and 64GB iPhone 5 models at $649, $749 and $849, respectively for the U.S. Pricing will be similar in Canada, where all iPhones are sold unlocked, at CAD $699, CAD $799, and CAD $899 for the same 16GB, 32GB and 62GB lineup, respectively.
While the prices are out, Apple has yet to announce when the unlocked units will be available for sale, however The Verge has confirmed the handsets won't be available in the U.S. on launch day. This is standard operating procedure as Apple reserves unlocked iPhones for countries where it is the only model for sale, bringing in the unsubsidized devices for the domestic market a few weeks later.
Apple will initiate iPhone 5 pre-orders on Friday at 12 a.m. PDT.
On Topic: iPhone
- Mophie introduces wirelessly charging battery case for Apple's iPhone 6s & 6s Plus
- Rumored rose gold 'iPhone 7' shell shows single camera, tweaked antenna
- Apple moving to 3-year 'major' iPhone cycle, adding complex vibrations to 2017 model - report
- Apple's iPhone is no Blackberry: a closer look at AI and the world's biggest company
- Chinese company advertises new Lightning-to-headphone adapters ahead of Apple's 'iPhone 7'