Nokia commercial slams iPhone 5's lack of colorA new commercial from Nokia is the latest to attack Apple new handset, this time focusing on the iPhone 5's lack of colorway options.
Source: Nokia via YouTube
In comparison to Samsung's long-running campaign poking fun at "line-waiters," Nokia's new commercial seems to quite banal, choosing to focus on relatively insignificant device colors rather than touting its Lumia 920 handset's technical features.
As noted by The Verge, the minute-long "Time to Switch" commercial portrays the dismal life of iPhone upgraders, who are once again waiting in line for the new product's release, in an obvious jab at complaints of the iPhone 5 being too boring.
Starting out in muted black and white tones, the ad follows an early-adopter who, upon reaching the sales desk of an Apple Store, asks the bespectacled employee "color?" Apparently staff at Apple's retail outlets are angered by this question, as alarms and buzzers sound, prompting the hero to flee outside where he sees a variety of people carrying the new Lumia 920. Of course, all the Nokia handsets are portrayed in bright colors.
The commercial ends with the "This is Lumia" tagline alongside an image of the Finnish device running Windows Phone 8.
It appears that Nokia is attempting to incorporate a social element to the new Apple-bashing campaign, offering up the Twitter tag #switch.
On Topic: General
- Apple redesigns Support website with clean layout, responsive UI
- Schiller schools internet on correct Apple device plurals, but Cook says 'iPad Pros'
- Apple will attempt data extraction on iPhone of teen lost at sea, report says
- Tor Myhren officially starts as Apple's new VP of Marketing Communications
- US Supreme Court approves search warrants for computers in any jurisdiction