Tuesday, October 02, 2012, 03:28 pm PT (06:28 pm ET)
Nokia commercial slams iPhone 5's lack of colorA new commercial from Nokia is the latest to attack Apple new handset, this time focusing on the iPhone 5's lack of colorway options.
Source: Nokia via YouTube
In comparison to Samsung's long-running campaign poking fun at "line-waiters," Nokia's new commercial seems to quite banal, choosing to focus on relatively insignificant device colors rather than touting its Lumia 920 handset's technical features.
As noted by The Verge, the minute-long "Time to Switch" commercial portrays the dismal life of iPhone upgraders, who are once again waiting in line for the new product's release, in an obvious jab at complaints of the iPhone 5 being too boring.
Starting out in muted black and white tones, the ad follows an early-adopter who, upon reaching the sales desk of an Apple Store, asks the bespectacled employee "color?" Apparently staff at Apple's retail outlets are angered by this question, as alarms and buzzers sound, prompting the hero to flee outside where he sees a variety of people carrying the new Lumia 920. Of course, all the Nokia handsets are portrayed in bright colors.
The commercial ends with the "This is Lumia" tagline alongside an image of the Finnish device running Windows Phone 8.
It appears that Nokia is attempting to incorporate a social element to the new Apple-bashing campaign, offering up the Twitter tag #switch.
On Topic: General
- Review: Razer's Kraken Pro analog gaming headset
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'