Apple releases 'Colors' ad for 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina displayApple on Wednesday posted a commercial for the recently-announced 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display to the company's YouTube page, with the ad highlighting the laptop's power and accessibility.
Titled "Colors," Apple's new TV spot is visually similar to the commercial for the 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro, which focused on the laptop's high-resolution screen.
Unlike other recent Apple commercials, the new ad uses a black background, starting off with a panning shot that reveals the 13-inch Retina display. The colors on the MacBook's display look more vibrant being starkly contrasted against the surrounding darkness.
Time-lapse videography is used to portray a flurry of activity on-screen, which creates an almost ghostly effect on the hands flying across the keyboard. Professional-level programs are hihglighted, including Aperture, Final Cut Pro and
Narration is typically short, but is delivered with a more reserved tone than Apple's playful new iPhone 5 commercials.
"Introducing the new 13-inch MacBook Pro. With the stunning Retina display. For the pro in all of us."
Apple is trying hard to differentiate its growing product lines, a task becoming increasingly difficult after releasing a bevy of new models on Tuesday. With the addition of the 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display, there are now eight different MacBook Pro configurations to choose from on the Apple Online Store.
The new 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro went on sale after it debuted on Tuesday, and carries a starting price of $1699 for the base 2.5GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 version, making it Apple's most affordable laptop to boast a high-resoultion display.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- Apple announces repair program for MacBook Pro laptops exhibiting video issues
- How to get the lowest prices anywhere on Apple's 15-inch MacBook Pros with coupons
- 2011 MacBook Pro graphics class-action suit expands, accuses Apple of concealing defects
- Deals: Free AppleCare & $120 off iMac 5K; $50 off iPad Air 2; MacBook Air coupons; $150-$700 off MacBook Pros
- Deals: Free Apple Magic Mouse and the lowest prices anywhere on every MacBook + AppleCare bundle; iMacs & Mac Pros too