Thursday, February 07, 2013, 10:00 am PT (01:00 pm ET)
Mailbox app reservations go live in App StoreDeveloper Orchestra's free iPhone email client 'Mailbox' is now live in the App Store, with reservations being filled for those who registered with the company in late January.
AppleInsider was able to take an advanced look at Mailbox last month and found it to be a solid addition to any email workflow.
The app's unique interface allows users to turn a Gmail inbox into a type of "to-do" list, where each message can be "snoozed" for later perusal.
For example, if an email isn't urgent, but will require action the next day, a user can select the "tomorrow" snooze, which will move the message out of the active inbox and return it the next day. Snooze time settings are fully customizable.
The iPhone-only app features swipe gestures reminiscent of to-do app Clear, with users being able to swipe left or right to activate snooze timers and send message strings to the archive folder or a customizable lists folder. Emails can also be deleted with a longer swipe.
Anyone can download the app for free from the App Store, and those users who pre-registered can enter their reservation numbers for first-come, first-served account activation. Those who have yet to sign up can do so in-app, while all users can watch the reservation line in real-time.
On Topic: iPhone
- iPhone trade-in roundup: Apple, Amazon, Best Buy, BuyBack World, Gazelle, NextWorth, uSell, Target & Walmart
- iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus preorder delivery dates slip as AT&T sees biggest-ever pre-sale launch
- Apple's iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus use H.265 codec for FaceTime over cellular
- 'We're sorry:' Apple experiences numerous iPhone 6 preorder problems from crushing demand
- AT&T to support Wi-Fi calling for Apple's iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus in 2015