Thursday, February 14, 2013, 07:21 pm PT (10:21 pm ET)
Staples to start selling Apple products in U.S., executive says [u]Office supply chain Staples will start selling Apple products in its U.S. stores sometime in the near future, according to a company senior vice president.
Update: Mulot has deleted the original tweet regarding Apple product sales, but other Staples executives' posts remain on the microblogging site.
In a tweet from Staples' Senior Vice President of Global Human Resources Regis Mulot, the chain will begin stocking Apple devices in U.S. locations soon.
After Canada, #Apple products arecoming to #Staples in US. Great news! Regis Mulot (@FrenchHR) February 15, 2013
Along with Mulot's comment, a number of employees who were at a corporate meeting on Thursday also tweeted out the news. While it is unclear what products Staples will bring to its U.S. stores, the company already carries Apple's wares in Canada.
Other executives chimed in with their own tweets, including Staples Strategic Accounts Coordinator Erin LaFlamme and Field Services Manager Mike Goggin:
Staples just finalized a deal to begin selling Apple products #finally Mike Goggin (@Goggin88) February 14, 2013
AppleInsider has reached out to Staples and will update this story when we know more.
On Topic: General
- LG and Samsung announce new smartwatches ahead of Apple's anticipated 'iWatch' reveal [u]
- Judge denies Apple injunction against Samsung devices in second California patent trial
- Spotify adds new hardware partners for Apple AirPlay rival Spotify Connect
- LaCie unveils 48TB Thunderbolt 2 drive, Dropbox upgrades Pro plans to 1TB
- iPhone-controlled August Smart Lock finally starts shipping to preorder customers