Wednesday, February 27, 2013, 12:50 pm PT (03:50 pm ET)
Amazon rolls out Cloud Player app update, brings iPad compatibilityAmazon on Wednesday released an updated version of its Amazon Cloud Player app for iOS, with an updated look and new compatibility with Apple's iPad.
The app allows users to stream music they've bought from Amazon in the past, as well as to buy new music through Amazon's storefront. Users can also download music for offline listening, as well as stream music through Bluetooth to an in-house system or car system.
Version 2.0 brings a new, optimized interface for iPad users. Users downloading the app on an iPhone or iPod will see a tweaked interface in order to take advantage of the app's new look. The app also adds a setting for managing cache size.
The new version of Amazon Cloud Player is available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, and Spanish. The 11.6MB download is available at the iTunes App Store, and requires an iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad running iOS 5.0 or higher.
On Topic: Amazon
- Black Friday software and the lowest prices ever on Dragon Dictate 3 and Micro Drone 2.0
- Amazon's Black Friday deals kick off today, with new bargains every 10 minutes throughout the week
- Apple's iOS App Store still handily trumps Google & Amazon offerings in new analysis
- Amazon planning 2014 smartphone with advanced 3D gesture & eye tracking input - source
- Amazon's anticipated Apple TV competitor not expected to launch until 2014