Apple seeds build 12D76 of OS X 10.8.3 beta, still no sign of Gold MasterApple on Tuesday seeded a new version of the OS X 10.8.3 beta to developers with no known issues, with the release coming just five days after the last build was pushed out.
People familiar with the beta noted that the new software's build number is 12D76, with the designation representing a two increment increase since build 12D74 was seeded last week. The seed notes did not indicate that the software is a Golden Master ready for public consumption.
As with the last few builds, Apple is asking developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
The latest beta version comes more than three months after developers first began testing the OS X 10.8.3 update. It was reported in early February that AppleInsider traffic logs were already showing the presence of Macs running an OS X 10.9, hinting that an unveiling of the next OS X could occur soon. Apple first announced OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion over a year ago on Feb. 16, 2012.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac with enhanced YouTube sharing, fix for random crashes
- Apple issues fix for iMac JPEG crashes, updates TestFlight with WatchKit support
- If you want Beats Music on your Mac, skip the Web client and install the Beats Android app
- First look: Adobe Lightroom CC with HDR and panoramic photo merging, facial recognition, more
- Apple seeds first OS X 10.10.4 beta to developers for testing