Apple seeds build 12D76 of OS X 10.8.3 beta, still no sign of Gold MasterApple on Tuesday seeded a new version of the OS X 10.8.3 beta to developers with no known issues, with the release coming just five days after the last build was pushed out.
People familiar with the beta noted that the new software's build number is 12D76, with the designation representing a two increment increase since build 12D74 was seeded last week. The seed notes did not indicate that the software is a Golden Master ready for public consumption.
As with the last few builds, Apple is asking developers to focus on AirPlay, AirPort, Game Center, Graphics Drivers and Safari.
The latest beta version comes more than three months after developers first began testing the OS X 10.8.3 update. It was reported in early February that AppleInsider traffic logs were already showing the presence of Macs running an OS X 10.9, hinting that an unveiling of the next OS X could occur soon. Apple first announced OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion over a year ago on Feb. 16, 2012.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- New Office for Mac 2011 update fixes Outlook sync bug with OS X El Capitan
- Third beta of Apple's OS X 10.11.1 El Capitan released to developers, public testers
- Adobe reverses course, says Metal support in After Effects 'one possibility' [u]
- Apple issues second public beta of OS X El Capitan 10.11.1
- OS X El Capitan still exposed to vulnerabilities in Gatekeeper & Keychain, researchers say