Facebook unveils redesigned, cleaner News Feed coming to iPhone, iPad & WebIn the coming weeks, Facebook users on iPhone, iPad and regular Web browsers will see a revamped News Feed designed to reduce clutter while becoming more colorful and visually stimulating.
Facebook's new look for News Feed was announced by the company on Thursday. The change will unify Facebook's appearance on smartphones, tablets, and traditional Web browsers.
The redesigned News Feed will become available on the official iPhone and iPad app in the "coming weeks," Facebook said, making Apple's mobile devices the first to receive the update. Android users will get the new look for News Feed "soon after," the company said.
With the redesign, users of Facebook will have the option to choose between four different News Feed categories:
- All Friends a feed that shows everything friends are sharing
- Photos a feed with nothing but photos from friends and liked pages
- Music a feed with posts about the music a user listens to
- Following a feed with the latest news from the pages a user likes and the people they follow
Users can sign up to get an early look at Facebook's updated News Feed by joining the waiting list at facebook.com/about/newsfeed.
Users who subscribe to the official AppleInsider page on Facebook can receive updates on their account through the new "Following" News Feed.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple says all apps must support IPv6-only networking by June
- AMC launches tvOS app with free streaming for select shows
- Microsoft lets new Word Flow keyboard loose on the App Store with one-handed mode
- Apple Store app's 3D Touch support expanded with Peek and Pop previews
- Apple activates web previews for select Apple TV apps