Thursday, March 07, 2013, 01:59 pm
Facebook unveils redesigned, cleaner News Feed coming to iPhone, iPad & WebIn the coming weeks, Facebook users on iPhone, iPad and regular Web browsers will see a revamped News Feed designed to reduce clutter while becoming more colorful and visually stimulating.
Facebook's new look for News Feed was announced by the company on Thursday. The change will unify Facebook's appearance on smartphones, tablets, and traditional Web browsers.
The redesigned News Feed will become available on the official iPhone and iPad app in the "coming weeks," Facebook said, making Apple's mobile devices the first to receive the update. Android users will get the new look for News Feed "soon after," the company said.
With the redesign, users of Facebook will have the option to choose between four different News Feed categories:
All Friends a feed that shows everything friends are sharing
Photos a feed with nothing but photos from friends and liked pages
Music a feed with posts about the music a user listens to
- Following a feed with the latest news from the pages a user likes and the people they follow
Users can sign up to get an early look at Facebook's updated News Feed by joining the waiting list at facebook.com/about/newsfeed.
Users who subscribe to the official AppleInsider page on Facebook can receive updates on their account through the new "Following" News Feed.
On Topic: App Store
- Facebook for iOS adds privacy options and status icons in update
- Firaxis' XCOM: Enemy Unknown lands on on iOS June 20
- The Atlantic magazine debuts first weekly publication as iOS-only app
- Office comes to iOS: Microsoft releases Office 365 app for iPhone
- Apple now adding 500,000 new iTunes accounts per day