iOS Podcasts app gets custom station creation with version 1.2Apple on Thursday rolled out a new version of its iOS Podcasts app, bringing the ability to create personalized podcast stations with automatic updating.
In addition to customized podcast station creation the new version allows users to choose whether those stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. The app also stores stations in iCloud, updating immediately across all of a user's devices.
Version 1.2 brings the ability to create on-the-go playlists of episodes, and playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the app. The app also features a redesigned Now Playing view with improved controls, as well as a number of playback resumption and performance and stability improvements.
Podcasts version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iOS App Store. The 7.6MB download is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and up, third-generation iPod touch and up, and iPad. It requires an iDevice running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: iOS
- Exploit broker triples iOS bounty to $1.5M, cites security improvements and demand
- The CW launches Apple TV app, no cable login required
- Skype for iOS gets Siri and CallKit support in latest update
- Apple activates Search Ads ahead of Oct. 5 launch, gives developers $100 credit for first campaign
- Apple partners with leading business service provider Deloitte for enterprise IT