Thursday, March 21, 2013, 01:30 pm PT (04:30 pm ET)
iOS Podcasts app gets custom station creation with version 1.2Apple on Thursday rolled out a new version of its iOS Podcasts app, bringing the ability to create personalized podcast stations with automatic updating.
In addition to customized podcast station creation the new version allows users to choose whether those stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. The app also stores stations in iCloud, updating immediately across all of a user's devices.
Version 1.2 brings the ability to create on-the-go playlists of episodes, and playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the app. The app also features a redesigned Now Playing view with improved controls, as well as a number of playback resumption and performance and stability improvements.
Podcasts version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iOS App Store. The 7.6MB download is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and up, third-generation iPod touch and up, and iPad. It requires an iDevice running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: iOS
- Apple planning to bring Apple Pay support to iAd with new buy buttons - report
- AppleInsider 2.0 for iPhone and iPad now available as free downloads from Apple's App Store
- IBM's first enterprise apps for iPad to launch next month as iPad reaches 90 percent tablet share in U.S education
- MLB World Series stadiums first pro sports venues to accept Apple Pay
- Apple to require 64-bit support from all iOS apps starting in February