Thursday, March 21, 2013, 01:30 pm PT (04:30 pm ET)
iOS Podcasts app gets custom station creation with version 1.2Apple on Thursday rolled out a new version of its iOS Podcasts app, bringing the ability to create personalized podcast stations with automatic updating.
In addition to customized podcast station creation the new version allows users to choose whether those stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. The app also stores stations in iCloud, updating immediately across all of a user's devices.
Version 1.2 brings the ability to create on-the-go playlists of episodes, and playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the app. The app also features a redesigned Now Playing view with improved controls, as well as a number of playback resumption and performance and stability improvements.
Podcasts version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iOS App Store. The 7.6MB download is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and up, third-generation iPod touch and up, and iPad. It requires an iDevice running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: iOS
- New Android 'Fake ID' flaw empowers stealthy new class of super-malware
- Yelp lets users add short videos to business reviews in latest app update
- Facebook to soon require standalone Messenger app for mobile chats [u]
- Apple's Beats Music refines iOS app, Clumsy Ninja adds summer content
- Apple's iBeacon continues to spread with new rollouts by Lord & Taylor, others