iOS Podcasts app gets custom station creation with version 1.2Apple on Thursday rolled out a new version of its iOS Podcasts app, bringing the ability to create personalized podcast stations with automatic updating.
In addition to customized podcast station creation the new version allows users to choose whether those stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. The app also stores stations in iCloud, updating immediately across all of a user's devices.
Version 1.2 brings the ability to create on-the-go playlists of episodes, and playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the app. The app also features a redesigned Now Playing view with improved controls, as well as a number of playback resumption and performance and stability improvements.
Podcasts version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iOS App Store. The 7.6MB download is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and up, third-generation iPod touch and up, and iPad. It requires an iDevice running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: iOS
- Apple's HomeKit gets support from MediaTek via IoT chip SDKs aimed at appliances, small devices
- Apple stops iOS 8.4.1 and iOS 9.0 code signing as iOS 9.0.2 fixes lock screen exploit
- Apple issues third beta of iOS 9.1 to developers
- Apple releases iOS 9.0.2 with fixes for cellular data, iMessage activation, Podcasts app stability, more
- Apple updates privacy minisite, says iOS 9 News personalization delinked from Apple ID