iOS Podcasts app gets custom station creation with version 1.2Apple on Thursday rolled out a new version of its iOS Podcasts app, bringing the ability to create personalized podcast stations with automatic updating.
In addition to customized podcast station creation the new version allows users to choose whether those stations begin playing with the newest or oldest unplayed episode. The app also stores stations in iCloud, updating immediately across all of a user's devices.
Version 1.2 brings the ability to create on-the-go playlists of episodes, and playlists synced from iTunes now appear in the app. The app also features a redesigned Now Playing view with improved controls, as well as a number of playback resumption and performance and stability improvements.
Podcasts version 1.2 is available as a free download in the iOS App Store. The 7.6MB download is compatible with the iPhone 3GS and up, third-generation iPod touch and up, and iPad. It requires an iDevice running iOS 5.1 or later.
On Topic: iOS
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Most expensive in-app purchase ever: Apple Pay used to buy $1 million Aston Martin
- Apple rolls out transit directions in Japan for iOS 10.1 beta testers
- Apple stops signing iOS 9.3.5, halting any downgrades from iOS 10
- Apple Pay to reportedly go live in Japan on Oct. 25, hints at iOS 10.1 release