Apple to kick off Worldwide Developers Conference on June 10 in San FranciscoApple on Wednesday announced it will hold its annual Worldwide Developers Conference, where it has traditionally shown off the next version of its iOS mobile operating system, June 10 through 14 in San Francisco, Calif.
As in previous years, the five-day conference will be held at San Francisco's Moscone West. The event will feature more than 100 technical sessions presented by more than 1,000 Apple engineers.
Tickets for this year's conference will go on sale Thursday, April 25, at 10 a.m. Pacific, 1 p.m. Eastern. In years past, the event has sold out in a matter of minutes.
"We look forward to gathering at WWDC 2013 with the incredible community of iOS and OS X developers," said Philip Schiller, Apples senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing. "Our developers have had the most prolific and profitable year ever, and were excited to show them the latest advances in software technologies and developer tools to help them create innovative new apps. We cant wait to get new versions of iOS and OS X into their hands at WWDC."
In addition to technical sessions, the event will also include hands-on labs aimed at helping developers to integrate new technologies. The conference will also host the annual Apple Design Awards, which showcase some of the most outstanding applications available on the iOS and Mac App Stores.
The full list of activities at the 2013 conference, according to Apple, will include:
- More than 100 technical sessions presented by Apple engineers on a wide range of topics for developing, deploying and integrating the latest iOS and OS X technologies
- More than 1,000 Apple engineers supporting over 100 hands-on labs and events to provide developers with code-level assistance, insight into optimal development techniques and guidance on how they can make the most of iOS and OS X technologies in their apps
- The latest innovations, features and capabilities of iOS and OS X, and how to enhance an app's functionality, performance, quality and design
- The opportunity to connect with thousands of fellow iOS and OS X developers from around the worldlast year more than 60 countries were represented
- Engaging and inspirational lunchtime sessions with leading minds and influencers from the worlds of technology, science and entertainment
- Apple Design Awards which recognize iPhone, iPad and Mac apps that demonstrate technical excellence, innovation and outstanding design
On Topic: General
- Apple reportedly mulling Tidal acquisition for access to exclusive content
- Apple CEO Tim Cook named lead independent director at Nike
- Sling TV splits into 'Orange' and 'Blue' tiers, adds NBC, BBC America & other channels
- NYC Apple reseller and community staple Tekserve to close Manhattan store
- Nancy Pelosi expresses disappointment over Tim Cook's GOP fundraiser