Sunday, June 02, 2013, 05:05 am PT (08:05 am ET)
Apple to release slimmer Retina MacBook Pro with upgraded camera, insider revealsAlong with an expected CPU upgrade to Intel's Haswell silicon, KGI analyst Ming-Chi Kuo predicts Apple will introduce a slimmed down 13-inch Retina display MacBook Pro with a higher quality FaceTime camera at its upcoming Worldwide Developers Conference.
In a report to investors, Kuo, who has in the past proved reliable in predicting Apple's product plans, says he expects minor changes to the MacBook Pro with Retina display and MacBook Air product lines will be a hardware highlight of WWDC 2013.
The analyst notes Apple's 13-inch Retina MacBook Pro will sport a thinner chassis as the company pushes toward a more portable form factor for its smallest high-end offering. In addition, the Pro models are expected to sport an improved FaceTime HD camera, which could move from a current resolution of 720p to 1080p, or "Full HD."
Apple's new Retina MacBook Pro models are expected to feature Intel's latest-generation Haswell processors, which offer more horsepower with lower power consumption, leading to longer battery life.
WWDC 2013 is scheduled to run from June 10 through 14 in San Francisco. Apple recently revealed that it will preview the forthcoming iterations of iOS and OS X at the conference, both of which are likely to be discussed during an opening keynote speech.
On Topic: MacBook Pro
- How to find the lowest prices on Apple's Macs this Black Friday [u]
- Best Buy's Black Friday sale knocks $150-$200 off some MacBook Pros, iMacs, & MacBook Airs
- Black Friday Exclusives: 15" MacBook Pro Retina for $1649 ($450 off), 27" iMac for $1599 ($400 off)
- Lowest Prices Ever: 15" MacBook Pro Retina for $1,749 ($250 off); 13" MacBook Air for $974
- Deals: $250 off 13" MacBook Pro with CD/DVD; $150 off new iMac; up to $600 off Retina closeouts