Wednesday, June 05, 2013, 10:37 am PT (01:37 pm ET)
Apple releases iTunes 11.0.4, fixing sync bugs and iTunes Store login issueApple on Wednesday released iTunes 11.0.4, a minor update for its media player and digital storefront that promises to address issues related to syncing and purchasing content.
"This update fixes a problem that may cause iTunes to quit if you switch between wired and wireless syncing and addresses an issue that may require you to log into the iTunes Store repeatedly," the official release notes state.
iTunes 11.0.4 is now available for download from the Mac App Store, and will be provided through Apple's website.
The last iTunes update, version 11.0.3, arrived last month, bringing a new MiniPlayer featuring artwork and a progress bar. That update also included an improved Songs View in the software.
The last major update to the software was released as iTunes 11 last November. It featured a complete overhaul of the application's design, along with a new storefront and tighter integration with Apple's iCloud suite of services.
On Topic: iTunes
- iTunes sales down 13% this year as Apple plans to rebuild, rebrand Beats Music subscription service
- Apple releases iTunes 12.0.1 designed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Apple alerts developers to upcoming iTunes Connect downtime
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for foisting 'Songs of Innocence' on unsuspecting iTunes users
- Apple introduces redesigned iTunes Store to iTunes 12 beta testers