Monday, June 24, 2013, 05:58 pm PT (08:58 pm ET)
Apple seeds second OS X Mavericks Developer Preview [u]Coming on the heels of the iOS 7 beta 2 release, Apple on Monday seeded the second build of its next-generation OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview to registered developers.
Update: Along with the new Mavericks preview, Apple released the second beta of Xcode 5, which can also be found via the Mac App Store.
According to people familiar with the new Mavericks seed, Apple has dubbed the build "13A497d," a few iterations higher than the "13A476u" designation held by the first preview issued to developers during WWDC 2013.
Apple notes in there are a few bugs with the release, including minor display issues with Safari and iCloud Keychain.
The forthcoming operating system boasts a number of improvements and feature additions like Finder tabs, Maps, App Nap and Compressed Memory, among others.
Apple's OS X 10.9 Mavericks Developer Preview 2 is available now for developers via the Mac App Store.
For more on the features and what to expect from the upcoming Mac operating system, check out AppleInsider's ongoing in-depth coverage here.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
- Apple makes first OS X Yosemite public beta available on the Mac App Store
- Apple issues new Safari betas for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion with minor changes
- Apple to release first public beta of OS X Yosemite on Thursday