Apple rumored to release iOS 7 beta 3 for iPhone, iPad on July 8The next version of Apple's iOS 7 beta for iPhones and iPads might be pushed out to developers very soon, as a new report has Apple prepping to release the iOS 7 beta 3 in just over a week's time.
July 8 will mark the release of the next beta of iOS 7, according to "trusted sources" that leaked information to BGR. That date will see the build released to carriers for testing, and the beta will reportedly be released to developers on the same day.
Apple typically delivers beta builds of iOS 7 on Mondays, as was the case with the second beta released this week. Should the third beta iteration materialize on July 8, it would be doing so roughly a week ahead of when iOS 6 beta 3 appeared. That build was released on July 16, 2012.
The most recent beta brought support for Apple's iPad, so the new build will likely be available for all compatible iOS devices at the time of its release, including the iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, and Apple TV. Reports hold that Apple has focused on refining iOS 7's design elements, with the goal of making the experience cohesive across the entirety of iOS.
On Topic: iOS
- Apple's HomeKit MFi program only began in November, chips still being finalized
- Twitter debuts While you were away' posts on iOS, Web version coming soon
- Bugs in Qualcomm's 64-bit Snapdragon 810 may force Samsung to use its own Exynos chips in Galaxy S6
- Google updates Chrome Web browser for iOS with OS X Handoff support, 'material design'
- LastPass unveils new Mac app, Khan Academy brings full experience to iPad