Evernote for iOS updated with Skitch support, Shortcuts, Related NotesIn a substantial upgrade to both free and premium level iPhone and iPad apps, note syncing service Evernote adds synced shortcuts, integration with Skitch for marking up images and PDFs, and a new related notes tool.
With version 5.4, Evernote brings a few new features that let users easily discover, navigate to, and edit notes.
The latest update brings two of the company's products together by integrating Skitch mark up capabilities into the flagship Evernote app. Premium subscription holders have the added ability to mark up embedded PDF documents, or turn a note into an editable PDF, in Skitch, then save the document back to Evernote. This feature requires users to download the free Skitch app.
Formerly known as "Favorites," the new Shortcuts saves notes, notebooks, tags, and searches to a central hub accessible from a small tab at the bottom of every app screen. Starred documents are automatically sent to Shortcuts and synced across all devices attached to a user's account.
In another new feature, recently opened notes are displayed at the bottom of every open note page, making multi-tasking a bit easier. Premium users have additional access to Related Notes, which searches saved content and presents notes, web clippings and other documents associated with any open note.
Finally, a new section has been added for Evernote company announcements, and users can submit support requests directly from the app.
Evernote for iOS is a 42.7MB free download from the App Store, while premium options are available as in-app purchases.
On Topic: App Store
- Federal appeals court declines to stay Smartflash case against Apple
- Yahoo debuts Livetext silent video messaging app
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple's record Q3, 'Apple Car' news, Back to School promo & more
- App Store puts 100 iOS titles on sale for 99 cents, YouTube app updated with 'vertical video' support
- Apple celebrates 25th anniversary of the Americans with Disabilities Act with App Store collection