Apple's Dev Center back online after 8-day downtimeMore than one week after Apple's developer portal went offline due to a reported intrusion, the site is now back up and running, though not all systems are currently available.
Apple's Dev Center system status page as of 6 p.m. EST, Friday.
Apple on Friday brought the iOS, Mac and Safari Dev Centers back from a self-imposed downtime after the website was compromised by "an intruder" last Thursday. Also in the green are "Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles" and "Software Downloads."
While the main sections of the portal have returned, as seen above, the Member Center section of the site remains down.
After the security breach last week, Apple announced that it would be completely overhauling its systems, and created a status page to keep developers apprised of the progress. The company reportedly had engineers working around the clock to fix the vital service.
On Topic: General
- Samsung still No. 1 smartphone vendor, but Note 7 knocked marketshare back to 2014
- Galaxy Note 7 fiasco leaves Samsung mobile profits a smoldering ash pile
- Microsoft Surface Dial evokes comparison to Griffin PowerMate for Mac
- Apple pushes Campus 2 completion into 2017, possibly changing move-in plans
- Apple's wireless AirPods hit delays, won't meet October launch window