Friday, July 26, 2013, 02:59 pm PT (05:59 pm ET)
Apple's Dev Center back online after 8-day downtimeMore than one week after Apple's developer portal went offline due to a reported intrusion, the site is now back up and running, though not all systems are currently available.
Apple's Dev Center system status page as of 6 p.m. EST, Friday.
Apple on Friday brought the iOS, Mac and Safari Dev Centers back from a self-imposed downtime after the website was compromised by "an intruder" last Thursday. Also in the green are "Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles" and "Software Downloads."
While the main sections of the portal have returned, as seen above, the Member Center section of the site remains down.
After the security breach last week, Apple announced that it would be completely overhauling its systems, and created a status page to keep developers apprised of the progress. The company reportedly had engineers working around the clock to fix the vital service.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple