Tuesday, July 30, 2013, 02:48 pm PT (05:48 pm ET)
Apple fixes minor issues with latest Final Cut Pro X updateApple on Tuesday rolled out an update for its pro-level video editing tool Final Cut Pro, including a few bug fixes and overall stability improvements.
With Tuesday's update, Final Cut Pro X now sits at version 10.0.9 and includes a fix for a feature Apple first introduced in the last 10.0.8 update from March.
According to the release notes, the latest FCP addresses an issue that would cause green artifacts to present themselves when using Sony XAVC media. The program supports the codec up to its maximum 4K resolution.
In addition, the latest update fixes "several issues" related to interlaced media and retimed segments that would cause content exports to fail. Finally, the usual stability improvements are bundled with the app.
For those who already have Final Cut Pro, the 1.64GB update can be downloaded via Software Update. New users can can purchased the app through the Mac App Store for $299.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple, Inc's double digit U.S. Mac growth contradicts IDC & Gartner reports of a Mac sales slump
- Public beta launch nearly doubles OS X 10.10 Yosemite adoption despite download issues
- Apple makes first OS X Yosemite public beta available on the Mac App Store
- Apple issues new Safari betas for OS X Mavericks, Mountain Lion with minor changes
- Apple to release first public beta of OS X Yosemite on Thursday