Thursday, August 01, 2013, 02:25 pm PT (05:25 pm ET)
Best Buy giving away free Apple TV with 15" Retina MacBook Pro purchaseBest Buy on Thursday kicked off a promotion that has the company bundling a free third-generation Apple TV with a purchase of select 15-inch MacBook Pros with Retina display
Apple TV added to cart at no extra cost.
While not heavily advertised on Best Buy's website, the free Apple TV deal is currently available for two MacBook Pro with Retina display models, both high-end 15-inch versions of Apple's laptop.
The least expensive option is the Retina MacBook Pro with 8GB of memory and a 256GB SSD for $1,999. The second version has 16GB of RAM and a 512GB SSD for $2,599. As reflected in the pricing, Best Buy is having a sale on the laptops, which extends takes another $100 off select non-Retina MacBook Pro models.
In addition to the normal sale pricing, college students can also sign up for a $100 savings with their current school email address. The discount extends to desktops like the iMac as well as a number of other computers and accessories.
The latest Best Buy promotion comes less than a week after the big box retailer slashed MacBook Pro with Retina display prices by $200 as part of its "Hot July Black Friday Sale."
On Topic: General
- Review: Razer's Kraken Pro analog gaming headset
- Apple hires noted tech journalist Anand Lal Shimpi
- Samsung asks New Yorkers to compare Apple's iPad Air to Galaxy Tab S in new ad
- Apple's mysterious 2-story structure at site of Sept. 9 event drives frenzy even further
- Apple announces Sept. 9 event for expected 'iPhone 6' & 'iWatch' unveiling: 'Wish we could say more'