Friday, September 20, 2013, 07:44 am PT (10:44 am ET)
Apple's iPhone 5s and 5c draw massive crowds on launch dayApple stores worldwide were packed this morning as the iPhone 5s and 5c went up for sale in a total of 11 countries and territories. Here's a look at some of the lineups spotted around the globe.
Customers line up outside Apple's flagship Fifth Avenue store. Thanks to AppleInsider reader Ryan.
Apple stores across America and the world saw huge crowds this morning as eager customers prepared to pick up their new iPhones. Apple's flagship Fifth Avenue store, where customers began to line up earlier this month before the iPhone 5s and 5c were even announced boasted a snake-like queue on the pavement outside the store's landmark glass cube.
Thanks to AppleInsider reader Ryan.
Even smaller Apple stores, like those in White Plains, New York and Indianapolis, Indiana saw dozens of customers queue up well before the opening countdown. Analysts have predicted that Apple could sell up to 8 million of the new devices on launch weekend.
The concourse outside Apple Store Keystone in Indianapolis, Indiana was lined with customers. Thanks to AppleInsider reader Brandon.
Apple Store Westchester in White Plains, New York handed out snacks to those waiting in line
A pickup ticket for an iPhone 5s at Apple Store Westchester in White Plains, New York
iPhone 5s and 5c lined up on launch day behind the Genius Bar at Apple Store Westchester in White Plains, New York
On Topic: Apple Retail
- Tim Cook unlocks the doors at Apple's Palo Alto store to kick off iPhone 6 sales
- iPhone 6 launch day scenes from Apple Stores around the world
- Apple wins patent for Steve Jobs-designed Fifth Ave glass cube
- Apple's largest store yet will be its first in the Middle East - report
- As overall retail revenue declines, Apple Stores carry on original goal of growing Mac hardware sales