AT&T 4G LTE expands to 11 new markets, many in southeastAT&T has announced the expansion of its 4G LTE network to 11 more markets, and the carrier has improved service in two other markets, meaning iPhone owners in those locales will see greatly increased speeds.
Much of the expanded LTE service is in Georgia or Mississippi, but locations in Alabama, Texas, Florida, Washington, Michigan, and Louisiana will also see greater data speeds. The new locations are part of AT&T's continuing effort to expand its network, an effort that saw the addition of 79 new markets over the summer.
AT&T's 4G LTE network provides data speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G. The network covers more than 280 million people across the United States.
The markets now able to access 4G LTE connections are as follows:
- Selma, Ala.
- Brenham, Tex.
- Vero Beach, Fla.
- Cordele, Ga.
- Dublin, Ga.
- Brookhaven, Miss.
- Natches, Miss.
- Picayune, Miss.
- Port Angeles, Wash.
- Mt. Pleasant, Mich.
- Lake Charles, La.
Additionally, AT&T announced improved LTE coverage for two more markets on Tuesday. Putnam and Greene Counties near at Atlanta and Wright and Carver Counties near Minneapolis will now have improved reliability and access in their LTE connections.
On Topic: General
- Microsoft debuts Lumia 950 & 950XL phones, Display Dock, Band 2 fitness tracker
- Microsoft unveils Surface Book laptop & Surface Pro 4 tablet with new Surface Pen
- From analog to digital: How Danny Boyle's 'Steve Jobs' captures the rapid advancement of technology
- Apple's angled camera concept could enable virtual keyboard docks
- Microsoft exec jabs at Apple, tweets drawing of 'converged' toaster and refrigerator