Last-minute photos purport to show gold iPad mini 2 with Touch IDMore images of a purported gold-colored, Touch ID-equipped iPad mini have surfaced less than 24 hours before Apple's Oct. 22 special event.
The shots, first collected from China by French blog Nowhereelse.fr, show an iPad mini shell and digitizer in a shade of gold that resembles, but does not appear to exactly match, that of the iPhone 5s. The photos also depict the device with a Touch ID sensor.
Analyst opinions are mixed as to exactly what updates Apple will make to the iPad mini at Tuesday's event. Some believe the tablet will receive a Retina display, while others say the resolution bump is unlikely.
Even more uncertain is the inclusion of Touch ID on the new tablet. Speculation exists that Cupertino will eschew the sensor for the iPad, due in part to supply constraints— the part is often cited as a major reason for the iPhone 5s's production delays.
On Topic: iPad
- Microsoft Surface sales boom amid tepid iPad demand
- Apple and IBM intro first MobileFirst app for schools, Watson Element
- Apple TV, iPad utilized in conjunction for patient care at new San Diego hospital
- Tips: To easily stream your media from macOS to iOS locally, use StreamToMe
- Apple poaching GPU designer Imagination Technologies' talent, hiring key personnel away