Apple ships set of four Mac Pro posters to select journalists ahead of December launchApple on Monday shipped out to journalists promotional packages for the upcoming Mac Pro, with each containing a set of four large posters showing off different close-up views of the forthcoming pro-level computer.
Source: Jeff Carlson's Flickr
As noted by TechCrunch, the four posters came in a large black tube with shiny metal top, somewhat reminiscent of the Mac Pro. The Cupertino company rarely sends printed material to press outlets.
Each poster highlights a specific feature of the forthcoming machine, including the top air outlet, fan vents, the internal triangular heat sink and a shot of the external casing with Apple logo.
On the back of one poster, a message reads:
It's the computer we were insane to build. The one that turns conventional thinking on its head, then kicks the living $#&% out of it. We challenged all our assumptions. Abandoned our preconceptions. And blew away limitation after limitation. This is the new Mac Pro. It's like no Mac we've created before. And we can't wait to see what you create with it.
Among the journalists to receive the package are Jeff Carlson of TidBITS, CNET's Scott Stein and Jim Rossman of the Dallas Morning News.
On Topic: Mac Pro
- Lowest Prices Ever: Save $100s on all Mac Pros, each with Free AppleCare and Free Apple Wireless Keyboard & Magic Mouse; Apple Thunderbolt Displays for $750
- Apple's latest Mac Pro continues to cause problems for professional users
- Killer Deal: Free AppleCare with all iMac 5Ks & Mac Pros plus $50-$275 instant discounts, tax savings
- PSW14 Deals: $600 off DSLRs, $300 off Pentax Lenses, $260 off Mac Pros, plus hundreds off lighting systems, kits & more
- Apple debuts $50 security lock adapter for redesigned late-2013 Mac Pro