Thursday, January 16, 2014, 01:46 pm PT (04:46 pm ET)
Apple seeds second OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersApple on Thursday seeded to developers a second build of the upcoming OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks maintenance update.
The latest seed, build 13C39, comes just under one month after the first OS X 10.9.2 beta was released to developers in December.
As noted by reader Gregg, Apple once again asks developers to focus on Mail. The built-in OS X Mail app has run into a number of issues since the latest version launched with Mavericks last October. Users have complained of Gmail compatibility as well as inconsistent performance from Smart Mailboxes.
The most recent OS X 10.9.1 update was meant to address issues with Mail, though many users are still seeing problems.
In addition to Mail, Apple asks developers to focus on Messages, virtual private network features, graphics drivers and VoiceOver.
Developers can download OS X 10.9.2 beta build 13C39 via Software Update or through Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support