Red Bull TV channel added to Apple TV content lineupCupertino's favorite hobby received a minor update Tuesday with the addition of Red Bull TV, an advertisement-free all-digital television network focused on action sports, music, and cultural events.
Red Bull TV features live content as well as short- and long-form shows and films — the energy drink maker says the channel is aimed at being viewers' "exclusive wingman to the best seats at spectacular sporting and culture experiences worldwide." The update was first noted by Variety.
The channel is available worldwide and came to Apple's iOS platform in the form of a dedicated app in 2010. At press time, it boasts featured content like the "Psychedelic Golf Challenge" and footage of test runs from the famous Pike's Peak hill climb race.
Tuesday's update comes just over one month after Apple added Watch ABC, Bloomberg, and the Korean-language KOR TV to their set-top streamer. The company has been aggressively expanding the Apple TV's content selection as the battle for the living room heats up, also adding channels for PBS, Yahoo Screen and Major League Soccer, among others, in recent months.
On Topic: Apple TV
- CBS All Access, Showtime streaming services each hold 1 million users
- Apple's content negotiation tactics have 'alienated' cable providers & networks - report
- Adobe brings browsing-only version of Lightroom to Apple TV
- CBS launches new Apple TV-exclusive news app with Siri voice search
- BitTorrent Now streaming app launches for Apple TV, iOS