Red Bull TV channel added to Apple TV content lineupCupertino's favorite hobby received a minor update Tuesday with the addition of Red Bull TV, an advertisement-free all-digital television network focused on action sports, music, and cultural events.
Red Bull TV features live content as well as short- and long-form shows and films — the energy drink maker says the channel is aimed at being viewers' "exclusive wingman to the best seats at spectacular sporting and culture experiences worldwide." The update was first noted by Variety.
The channel is available worldwide and came to Apple's iOS platform in the form of a dedicated app in 2010. At press time, it boasts featured content like the "Psychedelic Golf Challenge" and footage of test runs from the famous Pike's Peak hill climb race.
Tuesday's update comes just over one month after Apple added Watch ABC, Bloomberg, and the Korean-language KOR TV to their set-top streamer. The company has been aggressively expanding the Apple TV's content selection as the battle for the living room heats up, also adding channels for PBS, Yahoo Screen and Major League Soccer, among others, in recent months.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple partner Imagination unveils PowerVR 'super-GPU' with 512 ALU cores for game consoles
- Piper Jaffray sees a revamped Apple TV set-top box being core of Apple's fall 2015 products
- Apple restarts talks with content owners for over-the-top, web-based TV service
- Briefly: Apple TV gains 120 Sports channel, Twitter adds group messaging
- Amazon expands original content program with feature films as Apple TV adds more live sports