Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 08:34 am PT (11:34 am ET)
Red Bull TV channel added to Apple TV content lineupCupertino's favorite hobby received a minor update Tuesday with the addition of Red Bull TV, an advertisement-free all-digital television network focused on action sports, music, and cultural events.
Red Bull TV features live content as well as short- and long-form shows and films — the energy drink maker says the channel is aimed at being viewers' "exclusive wingman to the best seats at spectacular sporting and culture experiences worldwide." The update was first noted by Variety.
The channel is available worldwide and came to Apple's iOS platform in the form of a dedicated app in 2010. At press time, it boasts featured content like the "Psychedelic Golf Challenge" and footage of test runs from the famous Pike's Peak hill climb race.
Tuesday's update comes just over one month after Apple added Watch ABC, Bloomberg, and the Korean-language KOR TV to their set-top streamer. The company has been aggressively expanding the Apple TV's content selection as the battle for the living room heats up, also adding channels for PBS, Yahoo Screen and Major League Soccer, among others, in recent months.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Apple adds Fox Now, CNBC channels to Apple TV
- Apple TV to get FXNOW with integrated 'Simpsons World' within 12 months
- Netflix quietly updates Apple TV channel with 'Post-Play' feature for TV shows
- Model number for Apple's mystery iBeacon device may hint at upgrade to existing hardware
- iTunes update brings HD Extras to the Mac, also coming to Apple TV and iOS 8