We are currently experiencing server issues, please excuse any mess. More details are availble here.
WWE Network bringing professional wrestling to Apple TV on Feb. 24World Wrestling Entertainment on Monday announced that the company's nascent WWE Network will launch on Apple's set-top streamer Feb. 24 alongside native apps for the iPhone and iPad.
Professional wrestling fans will need to have a subscription to access the network's content on the Apple TV as well as through the iOS apps, a WWE spokesperson said in a post to the company's Facebook fan page. MacRumors was first to notice the post.
At launch, the WWE Network will cost $9.99 per month with a six-month commitment. Unlike some other premium services on the device, Apple TV owners will not be able to use their iTunes account to subscribe.
WWE Network is the latest in a recent spate of content additions for the diminutive set-top box. Apple has added channels for Watch ABC, Bloomberg, PBS, Yahoo Screen and Major League Soccer, among others, in recent months.
On Topic: Apple TV
- Plex Cloud beta launches, uses Amazon Drive subscription to store user media
- Apple allegedly working on Siri stand-alone speaker with HomeKit integration
- Apple adds ABC News to Apple TV's 'Live Tune-In' support
- Some new iOS 10 Home app features not supported by third-gen Apple TV [u]
- Apple hires former Time Warner Cable executive for cloud services push