Apple seeds sixth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersKeeping with its weekly beta update schedule, Apple on Wednesday seeded the sixth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers on Wednesday with no significant changes.
With the last beta version, build 13C59, Apple once again asks developers to focus on Mail, Messages and Graphics Drivers, according to people who have seen the most recent release.
Continuing from the last build, focus areas include SMB2, Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver and VPN. Mavericks' messaging functions, especially Mail, have been the source of trouble since the OS first launched in October, as affected users saw Gmail compatibility issues and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior. A subsequent standalone patch was released, and the problem was supposedly addressed in the OS X 10.9.1 update, but complications still exist.
Developers can download the latest version of the upcoming Mavericks maintenance update via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple issues Safari 8.0.3, 7.1.3 and 6.2.3 betas to developers with bug fixes, general improvements
- Pixelmator unveils major updates for iPad and Mac, Fleksy adds extensions and GIFs
- Art+Tech: Sunday MASS art dance party taps Mac apps for 3D projection mapping
- Apple releases third beta of OS X 10.10.2 with focuses on Wi-Fi, Mail & VoiceOver
- Apple releases Safari 8.0.2 to fix issues related to iCloud Drive & Keychain