Wednesday, February 12, 2014, 04:04 pm PT (07:04 pm ET)
Apple seeds sixth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developersKeeping with its weekly beta update schedule, Apple on Wednesday seeded the sixth OS X 10.9.2 Mavericks beta to developers on Wednesday with no significant changes.
With the last beta version, build 13C59, Apple once again asks developers to focus on Mail, Messages and Graphics Drivers, according to people who have seen the most recent release.
Continuing from the last build, focus areas include SMB2, Mail, Messages, Graphics Drivers, VoiceOver and VPN. Mavericks' messaging functions, especially Mail, have been the source of trouble since the OS first launched in October, as affected users saw Gmail compatibility issues and erratic Smart Mailbox behavior. A subsequent standalone patch was released, and the problem was supposedly addressed in the OS X 10.9.1 update, but complications still exist.
Developers can download the latest version of the upcoming Mavericks maintenance update via Software Update or Apple's developer portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- First-week OS X Yosemite adoption rate outpaces Mavericks, now at 12.8%
- Getting the most out of the revamped OS X Spotlight search in Yosemite
- Mac users report Bluetooth lag & connection issues after updating to OS X Yosemite
- Get your Mac online anywhere easily with OS X Yosemite's new Instant Hotspot iPhone tethering feature
- How to send and receive SMS text messages in OS X Yosemite