Instapaper adds AirPlay support, Readdle redesigns Documents for iOSUsers of popular save-for-later app Instapaper can now stream saved videos directly to their television with Apple's AirPlay, while all-in-one document management app Documents has been redesigned with a flat, iOS 7-inspired user interface.
In addition to AirPlay support, those who subscribe to Instagram's paid service now have the option of using an automatically recurring subscription through iTunes. Users will need to agree to share their name, email, and zip code with Instagram in order to take advantage of that feature.
Thursday's update also brought direct integration with the company's Instapaper Daily feed. Instapaper Daily, which displays each day's most saved article, now shows in the app's "browse" section.
Finally, subscribers can now send items to their Kindle from within the app and use a swipe gesture to move between pages in paginated articles.
Instapaper version 5.1.5 is available now as a free, 18.0-megabyte download from the App Store.
Documents's fifth major version comes with a slew of refined and new featured alongside the streamlined user interface. The file manager is all-new, and now supports drag-and-drop between folders, subfolders, or cloud services like Dropbox and iCloud.
The app also sports a new favorites function and the ability to tag files and folders with OS X-style color tags. In addition, Documents can now download files in the background and connect to folders shared via SMB from Windows computers.
Documents version 5.0 is available now as a free, 83.2-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music royalty reversal, iPhone rumors, Confederate controversy & more
- Apple reinstates select games with Confederate flag art to iOS App Store
- Apple highlights LGBT content with special curated App Store section
- Apple confirms Confederate flag ban in App Store, says war games have to change art
- Apple pulls Civil War games from App Store in ongoing controversy over Confederate flags