Briefly: Apple adds 'Shop Accessories' section to Online Apple StoreIn an update to the Online Apple Store early Friday morning Apple added a new section dedicated to accessories, which collects all first- and third-party products .
Spotted by AppleInsider reader Parth, a new "Shop Accessories" option has been added to Apple's main product subpages, making the accessories section a more prominent fixture on the online storefront.
Like other Online Apple Store pages, the accessories category is divided into sub-sections covering Apple-made products, Apple Store exclusives, trending products, gift cards and a catchall for "all accessories." As before, filters can be applied to the large selection of cases, peripherals and other computing accouterments.
Previously, accessories were accessible via the online storefront's iPhone, iPad and Mac subpages, though the "All Categories" option would come up after clicking on a specific product from the main Apple Store page.
As of this writing, the changes have not yet been pushed out to the Apple Store iOS app.
On Topic: General
- iPhone and Mac to shine in Apple's Q2 2015 earnings, analyst says
- Google Maps Easter egg shows Android mascot urinating on Apple logo [updated]
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Watch shipments, 12" MacBook review, more
- Final Cut creator Randy Ubillos leaves Apple after 20 years
- Apple beefing up Siri, speech and language teams with wave of new openings