Briefly: Apple adds 'Shop Accessories' section to Online Apple StoreIn an update to the Online Apple Store early Friday morning Apple added a new section dedicated to accessories, which collects all first- and third-party products .
Spotted by AppleInsider reader Parth, a new "Shop Accessories" option has been added to Apple's main product subpages, making the accessories section a more prominent fixture on the online storefront.
Like other Online Apple Store pages, the accessories category is divided into sub-sections covering Apple-made products, Apple Store exclusives, trending products, gift cards and a catchall for "all accessories." As before, filters can be applied to the large selection of cases, peripherals and other computing accouterments.
Previously, accessories were accessible via the online storefront's iPhone, iPad and Mac subpages, though the "All Categories" option would come up after clicking on a specific product from the main Apple Store page.
As of this writing, the changes have not yet been pushed out to the Apple Store iOS app.
On Topic: General
- Apple hires former Google inventor with background in electric vehicle charging
- New Immersion lawsuit adds Apple's iPhone 6s, MacBook to patent infringement row
- Tim Cook charity auction raises $515K for human rights
- Cupertino mayor accuses Apple, responsible for nearly 20% of the city's tax revenue, of not paying enough [u]
- Microsoft stays true to its word, will end free Windows 10 upgrades on July 29