Thursday, March 06, 2014, 05:39 pm PT (08:39 pm ET)
Amazon takes online sales management mobile with Amazon Seller iOS appAmazon on Wednesday released Amazon Seller, an iOS app that acts as a portable toolbox for merchants with accounts with the Internet sales giant to initiate sales, manage products and communicate with customers.
The Amazon Seller app allows merchants affiliated with Amazon to search for new products to sell, check rankings and estimate profits, among other useful seller tools.
For example, the app's search function taps into Amazon's database to find prices, sales rankings and customer reviews. Users can type in keywords or "scan in" barcodes with an iPhone's camera.
Aside from the usual product listing creation tools available through other merchant-facing apps, Amazon Seller includes a unique tool that estimates profitability of an item before posting by factoring in Selling on Amazon and Fulfillment by Amazon fees. In addition, sellers can interact with customers via a dedicated Communication pane.
Listings created through the app are made available on the main Amazon.com website and app users will have direct access to their Amazon Seller account via Amazon's secure servers.
Amazon Sellers comes in at 5.8MB and is free to download from the App Store, though users have a U.S. Amazon Sellers account to activate services.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple updates iLife suite for Mac with app redesigns, OS X Yosemite support
- Revamped iWork apps for Mac, iOS roll out with Handoff and iCloud Drive support
- CBS All Access offers on-demand & live streaming content for $5.99 per month
- Reddit buys unofficial iOS client Alien Blue, offers 'Pro' features free for limited time
- Skype, YouTube and Facebook iOS apps updated with iPhone 6 & 6 Plus support