Amazon takes online sales management mobile with Amazon Seller iOS appAmazon on Wednesday released Amazon Seller, an iOS app that acts as a portable toolbox for merchants with accounts with the Internet sales giant to initiate sales, manage products and communicate with customers.
The Amazon Seller app allows merchants affiliated with Amazon to search for new products to sell, check rankings and estimate profits, among other useful seller tools.
For example, the app's search function taps into Amazon's database to find prices, sales rankings and customer reviews. Users can type in keywords or "scan in" barcodes with an iPhone's camera.
Aside from the usual product listing creation tools available through other merchant-facing apps, Amazon Seller includes a unique tool that estimates profitability of an item before posting by factoring in Selling on Amazon and Fulfillment by Amazon fees. In addition, sellers can interact with customers via a dedicated Communication pane.
Listings created through the app are made available on the main Amazon.com website and app users will have direct access to their Amazon Seller account via Amazon's secure servers.
Amazon Sellers comes in at 5.8MB and is free to download from the App Store, though users have a U.S. Amazon Sellers account to activate services.
On Topic: App Store
- Google Play Music now stores 50K songs free, Apple's iTunes Match still at 25K songs for $25/year
- Tweetbot for iOS gets Twitter video and GIF support in latest update
- Google launches new YouTube Kids app on Apple's iOS
- IFTTT launches trio of new 'Do' apps alongside flagship app refresh
- NBC for iOS gains live streaming as Kayak, Snapchat and Yelp also see Apple updates