Apple adds 'Sharing Selfies' section to iOS App StoreApple on Thursday added to its App Store a section dedicated to apps that make it easy to share "selfies," a term coined to describe self-portraits users of smartphones and other devices post to social media networks.
In all, Apple lists 12 different selfie apps that either interface with existing social networks or operate independently as a sort of selfie sharing service. The category joins other App Store lists like "Best New Apps" and "Spectacular Stories: Games."
Selections range from well-known apps like Snapchat to up-and-coming services SnapDash and Shots, the latter of which has been making the rounds after being promoted by top Instagram and Vine users.
While the number of titles is a bit wanting, the scope is wide and includes selfie editors, archivers and games.
The new section can be found highlighted in the iOS App Store and the apps section of iTunes.
On Topic: App Store
- Yelp comes to Apple Watch in latest app update, brings nearby business discovery, search, ratings, more
- AppleInsider's iOS app gets support for native iPhone 6 and 6 Plus screen resolutions, Apple Watch companion app in update
- IFTTT's streamlined 'Do' apps get Apple Watch treatment, iPad support
- Apple's iOS App Store widens revenue lead over Google Play in Q1 2015
- Microsoft updates Office 2016 for Mac Preview, intros new iPhone apps for Office 365