Apple adds 'Sharing Selfies' section to iOS App StoreApple on Thursday added to its App Store a section dedicated to apps that make it easy to share "selfies," a term coined to describe self-portraits users of smartphones and other devices post to social media networks.
In all, Apple lists 12 different selfie apps that either interface with existing social networks or operate independently as a sort of selfie sharing service. The category joins other App Store lists like "Best New Apps" and "Spectacular Stories: Games."
Selections range from well-known apps like Snapchat to up-and-coming services SnapDash and Shots, the latter of which has been making the rounds after being promoted by top Instagram and Vine users.
While the number of titles is a bit wanting, the scope is wide and includes selfie editors, archivers and games.
The new section can be found highlighted in the iOS App Store and the apps section of iTunes.
On Topic: App Store
- Apple's iOS App Store now generating 4x revenues per app vs Android Google Play
- Pixelmator image editor gets powerful selection tools in iOS app update
- Pokemon Go update fixes login problems, sponsored game content coming soon
- European expansion of Pokemon Go commences with launch in Germany
- Pokemon GO is earning Apple's App Store 3x as much money as Nintendo