iTunes 11.2 released for Mac, Windows with improved podcast browsing [u]Apple's iTunes media suite was updated on Thursday with improvements for browsing the Podcasts section of the software, allowing users to more quickly find episodes they haven't listened to [update: a corresponding update for the iOS Podcasts app is also available].
With iTunes 11.2, the application gains a new "Unplayed" tab in the Podcast section, listing content that a user has not listened to yet. The update also includes the ability to browse episodes that are available to download or stream in the "Feed" tab.
Further improvements for podcast listeners include the ability to automatically delete episodes once they have been listened to. Users an also save their favorite episodes so they can ensure they are saved on their computer.
Update: Apple on Thursday also updated Podcasts for iOS to version 2.1. The update adds improved browsing, Siri support, CarPlay compatibility, and the ability to share links with AirDrop.
The iTunes update also addresses an issue where iTunes might become unresponsive when updating recommended songs through Genius. It also is said to improve overall performance and stability, while Apple recommends that users have Podcasts for iOS 2.1 or later for syncing podcast episodes.
iTunes 11.2 is a free update available for both Mac and Windows PCs. It can be updated on OS X through the Mac App Store, while direct downloads are available from Apple's website.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple Music-exclusive Chance the Rapper album debuts in Billboard's top 10
- Apple sent senior engineers to customer's house to investigate music deletion issue
- Apple's iTunes 12.4 update provides unexpected speed boost, fixes deletion bug
- Largest shareholder urges struggling Pandora to sell itself to the highest bidder
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4 with redesigned interface, fixes bugs in OS X 10.11.5