Wednesday, June 04, 2014, 12:35 pm PT (03:35 pm ET)
Bastille set to perform at Apple's WWDC BashEnglish rock band Bastille will hit San Francisco to play for developers attending Apple's Worldwide Developers Conference, with the 4-man group taking the stage on Thursday at the annual WWDC Bash.
Developers began receiving invitations to the Bash, an annual party thrown by Apple in conjunction with WWDC, on Wednesday afternoon. This year's bash will be held on Thursday evening at the Yuerba Buena Gardens, a large public park in the heart of San Francisco.
Apple is also giving developers promotional codes that can be redeemed for two free Bastille downloads on the iTunes Store.
Best known for their current hit Pompeii, Bastille have been nominated for a number of awards including Billboard's New Artist of the Year. Last year's WWDC Bash featured a performance by Vampire Weekend.
On Topic: General
- First Look: SETA stand for iPad with NanoSuction pads
- Tim Cook visits veterans and doctors at Palo Alto VA hospital, staff using iPads
- Apple updates iMovie for Mac, iWork suite for OS X and iOS with minor bug fixes [u]
- Intuit releases redesigned Quicken 2015 for Mac, first new version in 7 years
- Apple invention helps iPhone users find their parked car despite poor cell, GPS reception