EA begins huge iOS sale, Microsoft tweaks Skype with new versionMassive game publisher Electronic Arts has put nearly its entire iOS library on sale — including blockbuster titles like Mirror's Edge and Need for Speed — while Microsoft's Skype issued a maintenance update for its recently revamped VoIP app.
Gamers who were waiting for Electronic Arts's next blowout sale need wait no longer, as the publisher has dropped the prices of some of its most popular iPhone and iPad games to just $0.99, a savings of nearly $10 for some titles. There is no word on why EA chose to run the sale now or when the special pricing might end.
The full list of on-sale titles is below:
- Bop It!
- Command & Conquer Red Alert
- Dead Space
- Max and the Magic Marker
- Mirror's Edge
- Monopoly Here & Now: The World Edition
- Monopoly Millionaire
- NBA Jam
- Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
- Need for Speed Shift
- Need for Speed Most Wanted
- Reckless Racing
- Shift 2 Unleashed
- SimCity Deluxe
- Skate It
- Spore Orgins
- The Game of Life 9
- The Sims Medieval
- The Sims World Adventure
- Tiger Woods PGA Tour 12
- Trivial Pursuit
- Trivial Pursuit Master Edition
- Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
- Yahtzee HD
Skype recently redesigned their iOS app from the ground up to match its Windows Phone counterpart, and the company's most recent update adds some missing features and makes adjustments to the new user interface. Notably, message editing has made a return, with users able to press and hold on a message in chat view to edit it.
Users can also remove conversations from their recent list with a similar press-and-hold gesture, and favorites can be added directly from the favorites screen. The company also promises enhancements to accessibility using VoiceOver and "general improvements."
Skype version 5.1 is available now as a free, 44.9-megabyte download from the App Store.
On Topic: App Store
- The best virtual reality apps for iPhone, compatible with Google Cardboard
- Federal appeals court declines to stay Smartflash case against Apple
- Yahoo debuts Livetext silent video messaging app
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple's record Q3, 'Apple Car' news, Back to School promo & more
- App Store puts 100 iOS titles on sale for 99 cents, YouTube app updated with 'vertical video' support