Wednesday, July 30, 2014, 01:23 pm PT (04:23 pm ET)
Apple issues first OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks beta to developers with Safari seeds in towApple on Wednesday pushed out to developers the first beta of the upcoming OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks maintenance update alongside new builds of Safari 7.0.6 and 6.0.6.
The new OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks seed, build number 13F7, comes one month to the day after Apple released OS X 10.9.4 to the public in June, which brought fixes for Wi-Fi connectivity and wake-from-sleep bugs.
With the new seed, Apple is asking developers to focus on Safari, USB, USB Smart Cards and graphics. Previous updates, like beta versions of the aforementioned OS X 10.9.4, brought similar enhancements, but USB and USB Smart Cards are new areas of concern. Apple did, however, put priority on USB connectivity as it applies to iTunes in OS X 10.9.4.
Alongside the Mavericks seed, Apple also released Safari 7.0.6 for Mavericks, as well as Safari 6.1.6 for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and OS X 10.7 Lion. The company is asking developers to concentrate on general website compatibility and extensions.
Developers can download the latest OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks build along with the two Safari versions via Apple's Developer Portal.
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Apple releases OS X 10.9.5 Mavericks with reliability enhancements, includes Safari 7.0.6
- Apple releases new OS X Yosemite betas for developers, public beta participants
- Apple Watch, AirDrop, iBeacon & Continuity coax advanced features from Bluetooth & WiFi
- VMWare releases Fusion 7 with support for OS X Yosemite and Retina optimization
- Apple issues first iCloud for Windows beta with iCloud Drive support