Apple fixes podcast downloading, browsing bugs with latest iTunes updateApple on Thursday rolled out the latest version of iTunes with bug fixes in place for updating of subscribed podcasts and episode browsing.
iTunes 11.3.1 addresses two separate podcast handling problems that caused the app to unexpectedly stop downloading new episodes of subscribed podcasts and freeze the program when browsing through podcast episodes in a list.
The minor update comes nearly one month after Apple released the last major update that brought HD iTunes Extras — behind-the-scenes footage, short films, director commentaries, HD photos — to Mac and Apple TV. Apple also announced that Extras will be available for iOS devices when iOS 8 debuts this fall.
Apple's iTunes 11.3.1 can be downloaded through Apple's dedicated webpage or Software Update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Rumor: Apple deliberately delayed Tidal app updates to help Beats Music relaunch
- References to 'iTunes Subscription' pop up in iTunes, could point to rumored streaming service
- New Apple streaming music service could include 2 price tiers, exclusives from Taylor Swift & others
- Apple releases iTunes 12.1.2, enabling syncing between iOS and new OS X Photos app
- Apple launches unprecedented campaign across storefronts to hype iTunes debut of 'Star Wars'