Thursday, August 07, 2014, 01:27 pm PT (04:27 pm ET)
Apple fixes podcast downloading, browsing bugs with latest iTunes updateApple on Thursday rolled out the latest version of iTunes with bug fixes in place for updating of subscribed podcasts and episode browsing.
iTunes 11.3.1 addresses two separate podcast handling problems that caused the app to unexpectedly stop downloading new episodes of subscribed podcasts and freeze the program when browsing through podcast episodes in a list.
The minor update comes nearly one month after Apple released the last major update that brought HD iTunes Extras — behind-the-scenes footage, short films, director commentaries, HD photos — to Mac and Apple TV. Apple also announced that Extras will be available for iOS devices when iOS 8 debuts this fall.
Apple's iTunes 11.3.1 can be downloaded through Apple's dedicated webpage or Software Update.
On Topic: iTunes
- Apple releases iTunes 12.0.1 designed for OS X 10.10 Yosemite
- Apple alerts developers to upcoming iTunes Connect downtime
- U2 frontman Bono apologizes for foisting 'Songs of Innocence' on unsuspecting iTunes users
- Apple introduces redesigned iTunes Store to iTunes 12 beta testers
- Apple says U2's 'Songs of Innocence' album downloaded 26M times since debut