Apple fixes podcast downloading, browsing bugs with latest iTunes updateApple on Thursday rolled out the latest version of iTunes with bug fixes in place for updating of subscribed podcasts and episode browsing.
iTunes 11.3.1 addresses two separate podcast handling problems that caused the app to unexpectedly stop downloading new episodes of subscribed podcasts and freeze the program when browsing through podcast episodes in a list.
The minor update comes nearly one month after Apple released the last major update that brought HD iTunes Extras — behind-the-scenes footage, short films, director commentaries, HD photos — to Mac and Apple TV. Apple also announced that Extras will be available for iOS devices when iOS 8 debuts this fall.
Apple's iTunes 11.3.1 can be downloaded through Apple's dedicated webpage or Software Update.
On Topic: iTunes
- No charges filed in alleged gun threat involving Apple's Dr. Dre
- Apple buys out cloud music provider Omnifone [u]
- Rapper Travis Scott confirms Apple Music deal ahead of new album release
- Apple releases iTunes 12.4.2 with fix for Apple Music short song playback issues
- Apple Music shifting to iTunes Match 'acoustic fingerprinting' method of song ID