Walmart discounts 16GB iPhone 5c to 97 cents, 16GB iPhone 5s to $79 for 90 daysWalmart on Wednesday announced an aggressive 90-day iPhone sale that shaves $20 off Apple's 16GB iPhone 5s and about $28 off the 16GB iPhone 5c, bringing the latter model's up-front cost down to less than a dollar.
In an apparent effort to move existing inventory ahead of Apple's expected "iPhone 6," Walmart has initiated a temporary fire sale on 16GB iPhone 5s and 5c models purchased with a two-year contract, reports Engadget.
The discounts are being applied to Walmart's recently lowered permanent iPhone pricing, with out-the-door cost of a 16GB iPhone 5s dropping from $99 to $79, while 16GB iPhone 5c models go from $29 to only 97 cents. Sale pricing requires a two-year contract with AT&T, Verizon, Sprint or US Cellular.
Apple is expected to reveal the next-generation "iPhone 6" lineup at a special event on Sept. 9. Along with a much-rumored 4.7-inch version, the company may also release a 5.5-inch "phablet" iPhone 6 next month, though insiders say production issues may push back release as far as 2015.
While most attention has been paid to the 4.7-inch model, rumors regarding the phablet variant are slowly trickling out, including photos on Wednesday that showed what is claimed to be a rear shell bound for the large-screened handset.
On Topic: iPhone
- Apple planning jump to OLED for 2018 iPhones, report claims
- T-Mobile offers $200 per line for Sprint customers who switch this holiday
- Apple, China UnionPay have 'preliminary' agreement on Apple Pay, report says
- PSA: Don't use P2P money transfer services like Venmo with people you don't know
- Amazon Video, Microsoft OneDrive & Google Drive for iOS update with 3D Touch [u]