AI readers choose Airmail, Outlook and Nylas N1 as top email appsWe polled our AppleInsider audience to vote for their favorite email application for the Mac. The winner is Airmail, with Outlook coming in as a close second.
Last week we asked you to vote for your favorite email application for the Mac, other than Apple's own Mail app. You nominated Polymail, Airmail, Postbox, Nylas N1 and Unibox. We received enough write-in votes for Outlook and Thunderbird that they were included in our poll.
The results are in
After thousands of votes, the winner of the AppleInsider Reader's Choice Award goes to Airmail. While Airmail supports many POP3 email services, it feels specifically designed for Gmail. It has a unified inbox and alias support, making it a sound option for advanced users.
Airmail takes advantage of many of Apple's features like iCloud sync, iCloud attachment upload and share, and Multi Touch gestures.
It sells for $9.99 in the Mac App Store, or you can brave the free beta version on Airmail's website.
Even though we specifically excluded Apple's Mail app from this poll, it received over 400 write-in votes. Outlook was a write-in nominee and yet it still managed to climb to second place. Nylas N1, which came in third, is an open-source, extensible application available here.
1. Airmail (23%)
2. Outlook (17%)
3. Nylas N1 (10%)
4. Postbox (8%)
5. Polymail (8%)
6. Thunderbird (6%)
7. Unibox (5%)
8. MailMate (1%)
Other's receiving votes:
Mailplane, Eudora, Boxy, Kiwi
On Topic: Mac OS X
- Microsoft announces plans to bring MacBook Pro Touch Bar support to Office suite
- Apple updates Final Cut Pro X with Magnetic Timeline, redesigned UI for new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
- macOS virtual keyboard system resources lack function keys, suggest 'Magic Toolbar' legit
- Long-awaited Sid Meier title Civilization VI arrives on macOS
- Apple updates macOS Sierra to 10.12.1 with Mail, Safari, Photos fixes