T-Pain demos GarageBand for iOS updates while wearing an iced out Apple WatchDespite persistent rumors that the Apple Watch isn't performing as well as expected, the wearable doesn't seem to have lost its cultural cachet as it continues to appear on famous wrists — including GarageBand ambassador and autotune enthusiast T-Pain.
Via The Verge
The Rappa Ternt Sanga wore what appears to be a space black stainless steel model with some sparkly additions while demoing Wednesday's GarageBand for iOS updates to The Verge. T-Pain is the second rapper to give the Apple Watch an ice bath — Ludacris did so when the device launched.
Apple made a point of putting the Watch in the hands of tastemakers after its debut, offering exclusive bands to fashion insiders and the glitterati. Singer Beyonce and Chanel creative chief Karl Lagerfeld famously received gold Edition models with matching all-gold link bracelets, a style still unavailable to the public.
Continuing that upmarket trend, Apple partnered with French fashion house Hermes for an exclusive variant on the stainless steel model. Apple Watch Hermes comes with high-end leather bands and a custom Hermes face.
Apple has yet to give detailed sales information on the Watch, and is unlikely to do so any time in the near future. The company will almost certainly address the Watch's progress, however, during its upcoming earnings call on Jan. 26.
On Topic: Apple Watch
- Apple retail employees invited to evaluate watchOS 3 wheelchair activity tracking
- New Apple patent backs company's interest in micro-LED for future devices
- Rumor: Apple developing power-efficient micro-LED panels for 2017 Apple Watch
- Fueled by Apple Watch, smartwatch prices surge as basic activity trackers tumble
- Coach Apple Watch bands now available in stores starting at $125