Apple issues sixth beta of tvOS 9.2 for Apple TV with folders, voice dictationA few days after the sixth betas of iOS 9.3, watchOS 2.2 and OS X 10.11.4 debuted, a new build of tvOS 9.2 for Apple TV has been supplied to registered developers.
Unlike previous builds, which were issued alongside Apple's other beta releases, tvOS 9.2 beta 6 came a few days later. It's identified as build 13Y5232a.
When it launches to the public, tvOS 9.2 will bring support for folders on the home screen, allowing users to more neatly organize apps installed on the device. The app switcher has also been redesigned with a right-to-left interface that matches iOS.
tvOS 9.2 also includes support for MapKit, Bluetooth keyboards, and iCloud Photo Library.
Apple will also add voice dictation via the Siri remote with the forthcoming update. When given the option to enter text, users can simply press and hold the Siri button on the remote and speak your query.
In addition, tvOS 9.2 also gives users the ability to search the tvOS App Store from anywhere with the Siri Remote. Simply hold the Siri button and tell the device to "search the App Store" for your desired content.
There is no public beta program for tvOS 9.2, meaning the software is only available for developers to test. It must be installed on an Apple TV via a USB-C cable.
On Topic: Apple TV
- CBS launches new Apple TV-exclusive news app with Siri voice search
- BitTorrent Now streaming app launches for Apple TV, iOS
- Eddy Cue: Apple not trying to compete with Netflix or Comcast, seeking to be a delivery platform instead
- Apple TV adds Comedy Central, MTV and VH1 shows to universal search
- Apple TV Remote app beta for iPhone gains new game controller mode