New iPhone 7 case rumor depicts thinner body, nearly flush cameraRumored case designs purportedly leaked from Apple supplier Catcher Technology suggest that the next major iPhone design will feature a streamlined rear case design with larger cutout accommodating a virtually flush rear camera lens.
Published by French blog NowhereElse.fr, the leak images portray a redesigned rear case lacking the band seams that currently cross the top and bottom of iPhone 6/6s models.
The rear camera is depicted as being surrounded by a larger black orifice, explaining that the new design results in a "slight bulging outgrowth" rather than today's protruding lens.
The source of the images said that the case "seems slightly thinner than the iPhone 6s, confirming in passing the lack of a headphone jack port."
Steve Hemmerstoffer has posted a full body rendering on the site, depicting an artist's conception of the rear of the upcoming iPhone 7. The new model is expected to arrive this fall.
On Topic: iPhone
- New third party iOS 10 App Extensions designed to extend Siri, Maps in tandem
- Renderings of Space Black 'iPhone 7' has hints of rumored dark Space Gray option
- JVC ships promised KW-V820BT receiver with support for Apple's CarPlay
- MetroPCS to sell Apple's iPhone for first time on Friday, but only in Florida
- TSMC expected to net big revenue boost on Apple 'A10' chips for 'iPhone 7'