Apple cuts entry price of Apple Watch to $299Apple gave its wearable Apple Watch a permanent $50 price cut on Monday, with the 38-millimeter model now available starting at $299.
The larger 42-millimeter Apple Watch will presumably also see its price reduced to $349. The wearable device launched a year ago starting at $349.
Apple is expected to update its lineup with a new second-generation model later this year. New bands and styles were announced on Monday alongside the price cut.
Pricing remains unchanged for the stainless steel Apple Watch, as well as the gold Apple Watch Edition.
On Topic: Apple Watch
- Rumor: Second-gen Apple Watch to feature new, thinner 'One Glass Solution' touchscreen
- Supply chain expects 2nd-gen Apple Watch in September or October
- Apple's limited edition Olympic Apple Watch straps feature national flag motifs, only available in Rio
- Square Enix to release exclusive Apple Watch game Cosmos Rings this summer
- Apple Watch falls to 47 percent marketshare, but retains lead among smartwatches