iMac Revision Due This WeekApple will once again offer consumers a sub one thousand dollar iMac starting this week, sources said. The computer maker will complete a two-month overhaul of their product matrix with announcement of 4 revised iMac configurations.
Of the 4 new configurations, three will feature the same 17 wide-screen found on todays top of the line iMac personal computer, along with a nVidia GeForce 4 MX and Apple Pro Speakers. A forth. $999 low-end, variation will sport 15 LCD display and a nVidia GeForce 2 MX graphics processor.
|15" LCD||867 MHZ||CD-RW||nVidia GeForce 2 MX||128 MB||40 GB||$999|
|17" LCD||867 MHZ||Combo Drive||nVidia GeForce 4 MX||256 MB||60 GB||Apple Pro Speakers||$1199|
|17" LCD||867 MHZ||Super Drive||nVidia GeForce 4 MX||256 MB||80 GB||Apple Pro Speakers||$1499|
|17" LCD||1GHZ||Super Drive||nVidia GeForce 4 MX||512 MB||80 GB||Apple Pro Speakers||$1699|
All models will be powered by an 867MHz PowerPC G4 processor, with the exception of the high-end (Best) configuration, which will sport a 1Ghz PowerPC G4 Processor. The 15 model will include a CD-RW drive, the lower-end 17 configurations will sport Apples Combo drive, and the two high-end models will boast an Apples Super Drive 2X.
According to sources, all configurations will include built in support for Apples Airport Extreme wireless internet technology, as well as Bluetooth wireless peripheral technology. However, sources claim that none of the configurations will include and Airport or Bluetooth card as standard.
On Topic: General
- This week on AI: Oct. 27 Mac event, new future for 'Apple Car' & more
- Mirai-based DDoS attack highlights benefits of Apple's secure HomeKit platform
- Apple monitoring AT&T's potential merger with Time Warner, report says
- Trade-in coupon: $20 cash bonus when you trade in your old Mac ahead of rumored 2016 MacBook Pros
- US internet users suffering under DDoS attacks on key DNS provider