Apple Seeds New Panther, Jaguar BuildsOver the weekend Apple seeded new builds of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther and Mac OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar. Panther reached build 7B68 and, according to sources, only lists two known bugs. The current issues pertain to launching Classic applications in Panther' Classic environment and failures when connecting Apple Filing Protocol servers in the '/Netowkr/Local/' directory. All file system errors from the previous week have been resolved.
Apple has been firing off builds of Mac OS X 10.3 Panther at an extremely fast rate over the last week. While the company chooses to provide only select builds over it's Apple Developer Connection, choice partners are given access to a broader range seeds.
"We had a little bit of a problem keeping up with Panther releases last week," one source says. "They are coming out of Cupertino on a daily bases. By the time we receive and start testing one build, a newer version is already on its way."
Meanwhile, the company also seeded Mac OS X 10.2.8 Jaguar build 6R59. This developmental build is targeted at Mac OS X 10.2.6 users and will be made available to consumers over Apple's Software Update application in the immediate future. The system update is not compatible with the new Power Mac G5.
On Topic: General
- Redbox makes second go at online streaming, Google Maps gets 'Wi-Fi only' mode
- Twitter adds weekly MLB & NHL games to live sports coverage
- Apple leases 40,000 square feet for development accelerator in Bengaluru, India
- Verizon to buy struggling Yahoo for $4.83 billion
- Apple hyping this week's opening of first-ever Brooklyn retail store