Wednesday, October 01, 2003, 08:05 am PT (11:05 am ET)
iPod Revisions and Proprietary Headphone Jacks?In a followup to our initial report on future generation iPods, one source recently commented on the possible addition of a proprietary headphone jack to the iPod product line. Albeit via unconfirmed information from a primary informant, the modification would reduce the thickness of an iPod by a number of millimeters, the source said.
Proprietary headphone jacks on consumer electronics have traditionally been met with poor reviews and are considered to be a disadvantage. According to the source, the Apple design would allow standard headphones to plug into a jack on a revised iPod remote, which would connect to the proprietary jack.
Although the source claims this feature is 'rumored' for a possible iPod revision prior to the next generation models, the information should be regarded strictly as a rumor.
On Topic: General
- Samsung experts say Apple's patented features not valuable in trial
- Nike to reportedly exit wearables market, fires bulk of FuelBand team [u]
- Apple offers unclaimed WWDC tickets to select developers
- Briefly: Online Apple Store delays 24-hour ship times in Europe for Easter
- Samsung deal with Swiss clock maker portrayed as an affront to Apple