Wednesday, October 01, 2003, 08:05 am PT (11:05 am ET)
iPod Revisions and Proprietary Headphone Jacks?In a followup to our initial report on future generation iPods, one source recently commented on the possible addition of a proprietary headphone jack to the iPod product line. Albeit via unconfirmed information from a primary informant, the modification would reduce the thickness of an iPod by a number of millimeters, the source said.
Proprietary headphone jacks on consumer electronics have traditionally been met with poor reviews and are considered to be a disadvantage. According to the source, the Apple design would allow standard headphones to plug into a jack on a revised iPod remote, which would connect to the proprietary jack.
Although the source claims this feature is 'rumored' for a possible iPod revision prior to the next generation models, the information should be regarded strictly as a rumor.
On Topic: General
- Apple honors Nelson Mandela on company homepage
- In lieu of a Retina Thunderbolt Display, Apple now selling 4K IGZO Sharp LED monitor
- First look: Using iBeacon location awareness at an Apple Store
- Apple spent $60 million on Samsung suit, attempts to recoup $15.7 million
- WSJ blasts Apple e-books antitrust judge in scathing editorial