Wednesday, October 01, 2003, 08:05 am PT (11:05 am ET)
iPod Revisions and Proprietary Headphone Jacks?In a followup to our initial report on future generation iPods, one source recently commented on the possible addition of a proprietary headphone jack to the iPod product line. Albeit via unconfirmed information from a primary informant, the modification would reduce the thickness of an iPod by a number of millimeters, the source said.
Proprietary headphone jacks on consumer electronics have traditionally been met with poor reviews and are considered to be a disadvantage. According to the source, the Apple design would allow standard headphones to plug into a jack on a revised iPod remote, which would connect to the proprietary jack.
Although the source claims this feature is 'rumored' for a possible iPod revision prior to the next generation models, the information should be regarded strictly as a rumor.
On Topic: General
- Hacks targeting Chinese iCloud users prompt Apple CEO Tim Cook to meet China's vice premier
- Apple's Maps Connect portal lets local businesses create, add details to listings
- Apple leadership awarded restricted stock unit bonus currently worth $19M
- Apple spent $1M on lobbying US government in Q3, focused on health, data privacy, more
- GT Advanced reaches bankruptcy deal with Apple, will sell off more than 2,000 sapphire furnaces to pay debt