iPod Revisions and Proprietary Headphone Jacks?In a followup to our initial report on future generation iPods, one source recently commented on the possible addition of a proprietary headphone jack to the iPod product line. Albeit via unconfirmed information from a primary informant, the modification would reduce the thickness of an iPod by a number of millimeters, the source said.
Proprietary headphone jacks on consumer electronics have traditionally been met with poor reviews and are considered to be a disadvantage. According to the source, the Apple design would allow standard headphones to plug into a jack on a revised iPod remote, which would connect to the proprietary jack.
Although the source claims this feature is 'rumored' for a possible iPod revision prior to the next generation models, the information should be regarded strictly as a rumor.
On Topic: General
- Apple releases Xcode 6.3.1, fixing 'critical issues' related to debugging and more
- US Department of Justice expected to block Comcast-Time Warner merger
- Apple's 2015 Enviromental Responsibility Report shows larger carbon footprint
- Apple triples retail renewable energy rollout, 360 outlets worldwide go green
- Independent Nokia Technologies aiming to return to phone market - report