iPod Revisions and Proprietary Headphone Jacks?In a followup to our initial report on future generation iPods, one source recently commented on the possible addition of a proprietary headphone jack to the iPod product line. Albeit via unconfirmed information from a primary informant, the modification would reduce the thickness of an iPod by a number of millimeters, the source said.
Proprietary headphone jacks on consumer electronics have traditionally been met with poor reviews and are considered to be a disadvantage. According to the source, the Apple design would allow standard headphones to plug into a jack on a revised iPod remote, which would connect to the proprietary jack.
Although the source claims this feature is 'rumored' for a possible iPod revision prior to the next generation models, the information should be regarded strictly as a rumor.
On Topic: General
- Former Apple exec Ron Johnson appointed to board of fashion e-tailer Nasty Gal, leads investment
- Apple looking for hardware and software engineers to build virtual reality displays
- Apple takes top spot in online order fulfillment in Q4 with average ship time of 2.5 days
- Apple's iWork for iCloud goes platform agnostic, open to everyone
- Fresh off $533M victory, Smartflash files another patent suit against Apple