Apple seeds Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H56Apple Computer seeded its developers this week with a new build of Mac OS X 10.3.4 Panther, labeled Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H56.
Due to frustration with early media reports on Mac OS X 10.3.4, Apple has apparently halted updates to the seed notes that are provided to Apple Developer Connection members. The notes accompanying the latest build continue to cite the few know issues listed for previous seeds. These bugs include, display resolution quirks, an inability for some machines to waking up from sleep, CDR icon glitches, and incompatibilities with Java 1.4.2.
Nevertheless, sources close to the project say that the release of Mac OS X 10.3.4 is now imminent. Apple is expected to distribute the system update over its Software Update technology, with the update package requiring an approximate 40MB download.
Via recent versions of the Mac OS X 10.3.4 installer, Apple reportedly lists the following enhancements that will be delivered by the system update: improved file sharing and directory services for Mac (AFP), UNIX (NFS), PPTP, and wireless networks; improved OpenGL technology and updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers; improved disc burning and recording functionality; iPods connected via USB 2.0 are now recognized by iTunes and iSync; additional FireWire audio and USB device compatibility; updated Address Book, Mail, Safari, Stickies, and QuickTime applications and; improved compatibility for third party applications.
Apple last week provided developers with Mac OS X 10.3.4 build 7H51a. The build was distributed solely over a new version of Apple's Software Update technology included in builds of Mac OS X 10.3.4.
On Topic: General
- This week on AppleInsider: Apple Music, Beats 1, new iPods, car plans & more
- AppleInsider podcast discusses Apple Music & the iPhone's 8th birthday, plus listener questions
- New video showcases Apple's participation in 2015 San Francisco Pride Parade
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage