Apple Store London: A view from above (images)A view from above
Catching a glimpse of Apple's forthcoming flagship retail location at 229-247 Regent Street in London remains close to impossible due to construction tarps encompassing the building's facade. However, AppleInsider reader, Nick Shorey, has submitted several photographs from the roof of the location.
The ongoing rooftop developments shown in the images are not believed to have significance to the Apple Store, which is rumored to occupy the first two floors near the center of the building. Instead, the visible developments are believed to pertain to corporate office spaces and apartments also within the building. Shorey also notes that new developments have begun in the rear of the Regent Street location.
Happy Birthday, Apple Retail!
Meanwhile, Gary Allen of ifoAppleStore notes that it was on this day in 2001 that Apple opened its first retail stores in McLean, Virginia at the Tyson's Corner mall, and in Glendale, California at the Galleria.
In the past three years, Apple has launched a total of 78 stores, which are currently generating a profit for the company. Apple is poised to open at least another 30 stores over the next two years, several of which are expected to debut overseas.
On Topic: General
- Apple investigating ways to embed health sensors, fingerprint readers, chargers into iPhone logos
- Apple officially recognizes Jony Ive's promotion, adds VP of design bios to leadership webpage
- Apple Maps vehicles project expands to 13 new US states in July
- Greek capital controls put squeeze on iCloud, iTunes, App Store subscriptions
- Photos, iCloud Drive, iMessage, other online Apple services hit by slowdowns & outages [u]